Customer service
0800 975 7774 |
Mon-Fri 8am to 8pm
Sat 8am to 4pm

Smell gas?
0800 002 001 |
24hr/7days

Dig safely
0800 912 1722
Mon-Fri 8am to 4pm

Pictured at the ‘Think CO’ workshop held in Omagh hosted by SGN Natural Gas in partnership with the Gas Safe Charity are, back from left, Dominic Scullion, SHE Manager, SGN Natural Gas; Stephen Nicholl, Department for Communities; Hilary Bath, Gas Safe Charity; Simon Main, Gas Safe Charity; Cathal McWilliams, Environmental Health Officer, Mid Ulster District Council. Front from left: Sineád Brolly, Home Safety Officer, Derry City and Strabane District Council; Raisa Donnelly, Health & Wellbeing Officer, Mid Ulster District Council; Cara Grogan and Margaret Baxter, Home Assessment Officers, Fermanagh & Omagh District Council.

Delegates from a range of key organisations within the western area, have attended a carbon monoxide awareness training event held in Omagh.

The ‘Think CO’ workshop was hosted by SGN Natural Gas, the company responsible for the development of the new natural gas mains network in Counties Fermanagh, Tyrone and Derry, in partnership with the Gas Safe Charity.

The workshop offered free, local training to staff and volunteers from the public and voluntary & community sectors, as well as private companies such as home care agencies.

Pictured at the ‘Think CO’ workshop in Omagh hosted by SGN Natural Gas in partnership with the Gas Safe Charity are (on left), Simon Main and Hilary Bath, Gas Safe Charity; Lynsey Orr and Dominic Scullion, SGN Natural Gas.

Dominic Scullion, Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) Manager with SGN Natural Gas, expressed thanks to all those organisations within the network area who attended the half-day interactive workshop in the Silverbirch Hotel and Business Centre.

He said: “Effective use of technology helps SGN Natural Gas keep our customers safe. CO is a highly poisonous gas that is produced by the incomplete burning of fossil fuels including gas, oil, wood, petrol and coal. We actively encourage people on an ongoing basis to do everything they can to protect themselves from the dangers of CO poisoning.”

“This includes getting your household appliances fitted and checked by a Gas Safe registered engineer and fitting an audible CO alarm. We very much welcome this opportunity to host the ‘Think CO’ workshop in partnership with the Gas Safe Charity to reinforce key safety messages to a range of organisations within our network area.”

Simon Main of the Gas Safe Charity, said: “Most people have heard of carbon monoxide, but few know its causes and symptoms or what to do if they suspect someone may be at risk. The ‘Think CO’ campaign aims to save lives by making people more aware of the signs and symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning, especially frontline staff and volunteers of trusted organisations who visit people in their own homes to provide care and support.”

“We wish to thank SGN Natural Gas for working in partnership with us to deliver free, local training to a wide range of organisations covering the western area of Northern Ireland.”

For more information about CO safety visit the SGN Natural Gas website  and Gas Safe Charity as well as the Gas Safe Register

© 2017 SGN Natural Gas
Developed by RPS NI