Salary:£18.7k – £22.2k per annum Pro Rata
Location: SGN Natural Gas, Lurgan
Working hours - 18.5 hours
SGN Natural Gas is expanding its presence in Northern Ireland. We have big plans for the future, and we need great people to help us maintain and develop our business in years to come. We have an exciting new opportunity based in our Lurgan office.
What does the role involve?
The new postholder will ensure that administration duties assigned to meet key SGN Natural Gas business objectives are executed in a professional and reliable manner, whilst taking responsibility for effectively completing tasks to a high standard in accordance with set timescales. Other key responsibilities include:
- Specific scheme administration including our NISEP programme which will involve liaising with EST and our NISEP contractor, as well as other third-party organisations to ensure all paperwork, spreadsheets, submissions etc are accurate and submitted on time to EST.
- Operate office systems, process documents, maintain accurate records and access information in support of SGN Natural Gas’ activities.
- Provide administrative support and assistance in providing an efficient and effective service to contribute to the achievement of business objectives.
- Resolve enquiries from both internal and external parties, providing a written, face to face or telephone response as appropriate. Compile and provide routine information using computer systems as necessary in accordance with relevant procedures and guidelines, in order to provide management with the information they need to effectively make decisions.
- Assist in supporting departmental activities by carrying out clerical duties, such as arranging travel and meetings, receiving and collating information and processing documents and correspondence in line with guidelines and procedures.
- Assist in the delivery of training of new staff where appropriate to ensure consistency of approach and compliance with standard processes and procedures.
- Work within and promote the philosophy of safe team working and development across all SGN Natural Gas’ activities to achieve business objectives and continuously improve performance
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
You will have an appropriate qualification – Maths and English equivalent to GCSEs/O Level/ Standard grade with a high standard of key board skills. Competent in the use of all standard Microsoft and other desktop packages
- Capable of working to tight deadlines and responding to changing priorities at short notice with good attention to detail and a methodical approach.
- Good communication skills - able to communicate effectively and politely, both verbally and in writing, with employees, managers and customers within and outside the Company and are always committed to providing excellent levels of customer service.
- You will have an eye for detail when checking internal and external spreadsheets, proofing documents and in your general day to day activities within your administration role. SGN Natural Gas is an equal opportunity employer committed to developing an equal, diverse and inclusive Culture.
WHO WE ARE
SGN Natural Gas is bringing gas to the west of Northern Ireland as part of a highly significant energy infrastructure project with an investment of over £200million. The SGN Natural Gas network will enable homes and businesses to access natural gas initially in 8 key towns with future expansion planned. This project will bring greater energy choice for local consumers and enhance business competitiveness. Our parent company SGN manage the network that distributes natural and green gas to 5.9 million homes and businesses across Scotland and the south of England.
We’re quick to deliver and we may not always wait until the job advert expires before reviewing applications. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible so we can continue the conversation…
HOW TO APPLY?
For more details and to request an application form, please email email@example.com, quoting job reference REQ760.
Please email an application form and a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job reference REQ760 by 5pm Thursday 16th February 2020.